Veggie skewers with marinated tofu
For the veggie skewers:
2 small zucchini, sliced
2 orange bell peppers, cut into squares
2 red bell peppers, cut into squares
2 green bell peppers, cut into squares
2 red onion, cut in half. Then cut each half into thirds
1 Cup cherry tomatoes
For the marinated tofu:
2 Blocks smoked tofu
½ Cup soy sauce
½ Cup tomato sauce
10 Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
½ Tsp smoked paprika
1. Pat the tofu with a paper towel. Wrap with a dry paper towel and place a cutting board on top to remove more liquid. Let stand for 15 minutes. Cut the tofu into 1-inch cubes.
2. In a food processor, mix together marinade ingredients. Marinate the tofu for 1 hour.
3. Preheat the grill to medium high heat or the oven to 480 F.
4. Thread the tofu and vegetables onto wooden or metal skewers. Brush assembled skewers with the remaining marinade.
5. Cook until vegetables are tender and brown around the edges.