Fraser Mountain Pie
2 1/2 Cup whole wheat einkorn flour
1/2 Cup olive oil
1/2 Cup ice cold water
1 Tsp salt
1 Tbsp sesame seeds
1 Tbsp nigella seeds (or black sesame)
1 Cup plant-based cream cheese
1 Tbsp dried thyme
2 large tomatoes, sliced into ¼ inch rounds
1 Cup cherry tomatoes, halved
salt and black pepper to taste
1. In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, oil, water and salt. Stir well. Add more cold water if the dough is too dry.
2. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and form into a ball. Wrap in plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for around 40 minutes.
3. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
4. Remove the dough from the fridge. Between two pieces of parchment paper, roll out into a circle. Pell off the top sheet of parchment and sprinkle over the seeds. Slightly press them into the pastry so they stick. Place the parchment back onto the pastry and carefully invert the pastry so the seeds are now on the bottom, placing the dough onto a large baking sheet.
5. Spread the cream cheese over the centre of the pastry, leaving a border of roughly 2-3 inches. Layer the tomatoes on top of the cream cheese, first laying the sliced tomatoes then scattering over the cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with dried thyme, salt and black pepper. Gently fold over the pastry border. Bake the pie until the crust is fully cooked and golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.