Baked onion rings with smoked tomato sauce
3 large onions, cut into ½ inch rings
2 Cups rice flour
1 Cup almond milk
1 Tbsp Smoked paprika
¼ Tsp Black pepper
Salt to taste
Olive oil, to spray (optional)
Chopped fresh parsley, lemon slices, to garnish
For hot sauce:
10 Sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil
2 Tbsp tomato sauce
¼ Tsp chili powder (or to taste)
½ Tsp smoked paprika
1. Preheat the oven to 360 F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl mix 1 cup rice flour with the almond milk to obtain a batter.
3. On a plate mix the rest of the rice flour, smoked paprika, salt and pepper.
4. Take an onion ring and dip into the batter, then transfer onto the plate and coat with the spice mix, then place on the baking sheet. Continue the same with the rest of the rings, arranging them into a single layer. Spray generously with coconut oil, if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes.
5. For the sauce add all the ingredients in a food processor and process until smooth.
6. Serve the onions warm, garnished with parsley, lemon slices and a little bowl of hot sauce.